9.22.2009

ACL Countdown: the shopping

So I am going to Austin City Limits next week. After a year and then some working in a music environment, I've definitely found my interests slipping from movies/TV to concerts/podcasts. As the days get shorter to the most anticipated vacation I've ever taken (I decided to go last October, and bought my ticket this March) I present to you my preparation:



Part 1: Shopping
What do you buy for a three-day grubby music festival set under the Texas sun? Definitely nothing designer. I have officially spent a lot of money (read: over $50) on the ugliest shoes I'll ever own. Chacos sandals with the toe strap. I cringed as I hit purchase, but upon seeing them tonight, feel a little more confident. The ugly plastic soles not only have the comfort I was promised in the price, but they are also mostly hidden, and the strap alone is fairly tolerable. I just have a week to wear them in before walking all over Austin in them.

Fun times are sure to ensure--so check back as I actually get into the music and food and all the other things that make Austin weird (and just perfect for me).