10.02.2009

ACL Countdown: Friday

First, to appease all of you who aren't at the festival, I found this link on Hulu: Looks like they are streaming the concerts live, so you'll probably have a better view than me!

Now for my day:

  • First act I'll see: Asleep at the Wheel, though I might try to see a little of Prescott Curlywolf, just cuz his name garners intrigue.
  • Definitely the biggest highlight is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the end of the day, along with Andrew Bird, Dr. Dog, and the Avett Brothers.
  • My first Sophie's Choice moment comes when Coheed and Cambria, who I've been waiting to see, is playing the same time as Phoenix. Phoenix will win, I've heard too many good things about them.
  • Other acts: K'nann, Theivery Corporation, and possibly both the Knux and Blitzen Trapper, playing at the same time across the field from each other.
I'll post a run down later, hopefully tonight, to let you know what I loved best, and hopefully some shots of the T-shit and poster designs.